Allocating Your Energy
Investing Energy for Increased Happiness and Satisfaction
A lot of happiness is about where we put our energy. For most of us in the West, the fundamental components of happiness are at our fingertips. Yet we often put a lot of energy into things that keep us away from activities that make us feel good about who we are. When energy is misaligned, we experience a range of adverse effects, including sleep disturbances, fatigue, and negative thinking. This session will help participants quantify their efforts and help shift towards balance for greater satisfaction.
- The four elements of energy management; friends and family, work, passions, and spiritual.
- The difference between useful energy and draining energy.
- The connection between energy investment and energy management.
- What negative motivators are, where they come from, and their impact on our overall happiness.
Participants will walk away with strategies to:
- Measure energy and satisfaction with an energy mapping exercise.
- Move away from negative motivators.
- Boost happiness and satisfaction.