Writing with Impact
Build your fundamental writing skills to build a relationship with your audiences from emails to proposals
Writing is one of the most important forms of communication in the business world, yet often receives the least training. Strong writing does more than inform the audience about a topic, it builds a relationship with them. Specifically, while excellent verbal and physical communication skills are important, they must also be supported by writing that engages. In short, consistency across different forms of communication is key to developing effective relationships. This course covers the fundamentals of crafting email, proposals, reports and PowerPoints.
- Adopting the mindset of an impactful writer
- Recognizing the link between writing, relationships and driving outcomes.
- Understanding the foundations of effective business writing.
- Influencing through email, proposals, reports and PowerPoint.
Participants will walk away with strategies to:
- Knowing the end-user and understanding what the writing is meant to achieve.
- Email etiquette and how to write conversationally.
- Writing to your work will be read: structure and length.
- Principles on how and when to use PowerPoint.