In December 2020, two Toronto musicians tried making bagels. Within a month, they were producing 20 dozen a day out of a commercial kitchen, and pre-orders were selling out in under a minute. How did they do it?
On this episode of One Step Beyond, Aram is joined by Jesse Labovitz and Adam Fujiki, co-founders of Sherm’s Bagels. Both are working professionals in the music industry, left to their own devices since COVID all but froze the industry. The two best friends made a test batch in Jesse’s kitchen, and when they asked their friends if they were interested, the results were overwhelming. They knew they had an opportunity in front of them, and they had to strike while the iron was hot.
In this episode, we talk about:
• DIY Research and Development
• Word of mouth momentum and the ability to harness it
• Starting a business during a pandemic
• How to keep focused during rapid growth
• Scaling up while maintaining creativity
• Allowing the signs of the universe to guide you
• Not being afraid of your passions
Connect with Sherm’s on Instagram.
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.