Recognizing & Managing Emotional Labour
A Session for Leaders on Building Resilience at Work in Good Times and During a Crisis
In an increasingly challenging business environment, the demands on professionals’ output and time are ever-increasing and all too often, so is the fallout. This session provides professionals with the tools needed to build resilience and meet the emotional and psychological challenges faced in the workplace. It centers on the concept of emotional labour and its role in fatigue and the multiple stages of burnout. In this session, attendees will learn how to manage and pay out emotional labor as well as understand how to tap into the benefits of the long-term stress response system while maintaining their physical and mental health.
Participants will leave better able to manage stress and build resilience, as they pursue a higher overall level of well-being.
- Understand what emotional labour is, where it comes from, and how it affects us.
- The three emotional states: harmony, dissonance, and discord.
- How emotional labour can lead to burnout.
- The three stages of burnout; mild, moderate, and severe.
Participants will walk away with strategies to:
- Build resilience through management of emotional labour.
- Manage and reverse burnout.
- Support physical and mental health during times of significant stress.