This week on One Step Beyond, we’re pleased to have Neil King join us to discuss the role of mental health in leadership wellness. After the rollercoaster of 2020, it’s top priority to start 2021 off on the right foot, and it’s not possible to understate the role that mental health has in countless aspects in our lives – professional or otherwise. Neil is the President of Lifeworks, and the Executive Vice President of Morneau Shepell, and he’s one of the first people to come to mind when we think of mental health in the work place. When one in four people have a mental health issue, it’s imperative that we do our best as leaders, executives, and professionals to foster healthy work environments for our teams.
In this episode, we talk about:
• How companies can become proactive in the mental health space
• Investing in people today – in a meaningful way
• COVID’s unique impact on mental health
• Supporting issues vs solving issues
• Helping employees to trust their employers in an effort to fight stigma
• Advice for walled-in high performers
• Suggestions for leaders who want to help, but are afraid of making missteps
Never lose your Cadence. Sign up for our newsletter for exclusive coaching tips, Cadence Leadership news, and all our latest blog posts.